Eden Prairie advances in 6A
• CLASS 6A: Will Rains rushed for 178 yards and three TDs to lead defending Class 6A state champion Eden Prairie to a 34-14 victory over Burnsville. ... Luke Branson rushed for 203 yards, and Stu Hamann returned an interception for a TD and kicked four field goals for Lakeville North in its 26-7 victory over Hopkins.
• CLASS 5A: Isley Carrington rushed for 121 yards and a touchdown as Spring Lake Park defeated Mahtomedi 28-11 for the Section 4 championship.
• CLASS 4A: Robbie Grimsely ran for three TDs and Marcus Hahn threw two TD passes in leading defending state champion Hutchinson to a 49-14 victory over Waseca for the Section 2 championship. ... South St. Paul took control with two touchdowns in a 61-second span in the fourth quarter in their 35-21 victory over Hill-Murray for the Section 4 championship. ... Jack Kneeland’s 32-yard field goal as time expired lifted Holy Angels to a 31-29 victory over Holy Family for the Section 3 crown. Holy Family had taken a 29-28 lead with 50 seconds remaining on David Ogren’s 2-yard run and Chazz Johnson’s two-point conversion. On the ensuing possession, Holy Angels got within field goal range on a 35-yard pass from Anthony Ekholm to Luke Meulepas. ... Billy Hart passed for 258 yards and three TDs and ran for 175 yards and three TDs to pace DeLaSalle past Benilde-St. Margaret’s 70-33 for the Section 6 championship..
• CLASS 3A: Bennett Bielke’s two rushing TDs led Glencoe-Silver Lake past Providence Academy 28-7 for the Section 2 championship. It was the Lions’ first loss. ... Defending state champion St. Croix Lutheran beat Columbia Heights 49-14 for the Section 4 title behind the running of Trever Koester (99 yards, three TDs) and Keegan Smith (130 yards).
• CLASS 2A: Zach Heiland rushed for 180 yards and three touchdowns, boosting Norwood Young America to a 43-16 victory over Waterville-Elysian-Morristown for the Section 2 championship.
• CLASS 1A: Tyler Johnson threw three touchdown passes as Minneapolis North defeated Lester Prairie/Holy Trinity 40-13 for the Section 4 championship.
Tag(s): North South Hill-Murray Mahtomedi South St. Paul Waterville-Elysian-Morristown Columbia Heights Lake Eden Prairie Hopkins Minneapolis North Academy of Holy Angels Spring Lake Park Waseca Burnsville Lakeville North Park of Cottage Grove St. Croix Lutheran DeLaSalle Providence Academy Hutchinson Glencoe-Silver Lake