East Ridge quarterback Tanner Zolnosky was taken down by Eden Prairie's defense during the second quarter Thursday. ELIZABETH FLORES, Star Tribune
The new divisions in Class 6A — which broke into separate districts, the Gold and Maroon, based on past success — resulted in an abundance of lopsided results. Teams in the two divisions played crossover games against each other Thursday and Friday. The Gold District, home to the most successful programs in Class 6A, won 11 of the 14 crossover games by an average of 34 points per game.
The three games won by Maroon District teams were significantly closer, with an average margin of victory of just over 11 points. In the one game between members of the same district, Minnetonka beat Edina 30-7. Both are in the Gold.
Metro Top 10
1. Lakeville South: def. Park of Cottage Grove 50-14. The Cougars had five touchdowns of more than 30 yards.
2. Eden Prairie: def. East Ridge 46-0. East Ridge was held without an offensive first down until late in the fourth quarter.
3. St. Michael-Albertville: def. Forest Lake 42-6. Thirteen different players carried the ball for the Knights for 330 rushing yards.
4. Wayzata: def. Roseville 42-0. Trojans QB Ryan Harvey tossed four touchdown passes.
5. Rosemount: def. Eagan 47-7. Eagan hung with the Irish for a while, ending the first quarter tied 7-7.
6. Shakopee: def. Anoka 45-7. The Sabers rushed for 351 yards on 32 carries, a whopping 11 yards per attempt.
7. Maple Grove: def. Osseo 49-7. Looks like the Crimson’s offense was just fine, rolling up 410 total yards.
8. Lakeville North: def. Eastview 21-0. Grinding rushing attack, suffocating defense. That will make Panthers coach Brian Vossen smile.
9. Prior Lake: def. Hopkins 49-0. The Lakers jump into the Top 10 by way of overwhelming first-game effort.
10. Elk River (5A): def. Cambridge-Isanti 40-14. Vintage Elks performance: 364 total yards, all on the ground.