Eden Prairie's Blake Cashman cut upfield during the Eagles' season-opening victory at Minneapolis South.
PREP FOOTBALL: METRO TOP 10
Staff writer Jim Paulsen’s opinions on the top prep football teams in the metropolitan area, regardless of class:
1. Eden Prairie (2-0): The Eagles ran their winning streak to 19 in a row with two victories in four days.
2. Rosemount (1-0): The Irish sent a message with a 41-6 drubbing of Eastview.
3. Lakeville North (1-0): The defense was positively offensive in a 39-13 rout of Hopkins, putting up 25 points in its own.
4. East Ridge (1-0): QB Seth Green was unleashed, passing for 307 yards as the Raptors blanked Park of Cottage Grove 49-0.
5. Prior Lake (1-0): We knew the defense would be strong, but the Lakers’ offense opened eyes in a 43-21 victory over tough Lakeville South.
6. Maple Grove (1-0): QB Brad Davison didn’t play like a sophomore in beating Edina 27-8.
7. Cretin-Derham Hall (1-0): We’ll know more about the Raiders after Friday’s Suburban East matchup against East Ridge.
8. Wayzata (1-0): A 41-0 lead at halftime — the final was 55-7 — on the road at Farmington is a good sign for the reloading Trojans.
9. Totino-Grace (1-0): The Eagles needed a pair of fourth-quarter touchdowns to put away pesky Anoka.
10. St. Michael-Albertville (1-0): The Class 5A Knights face a huge test Friday at St. Francis.
Tag(s): Featured Star Tribune North South Lake Eden Prairie Edina Hopkins Wayzata St. Michael-Albertville Farmington St. Francis Anoka Maple Grove Totino-Grace Eastview Lakeville North Lakeville South Prior Lake Rosemount Suburban East Cretin-Derham Hall East Ridge Park of Cottage Grove