• LAKEVILLE SOUTH 24, WAYZATA 14: Mike Ruhl rushed for two TDs to lead the Cougars past Wayzata, ranked No. 2 in the Star Tribune’s Metro Top 10. The Cougars opened the scoring with a 46-yard field goal by Brendan Boche and built a 17-7 halftime lead.
• LAKEVILLE NORTH 59, BLOOMINGTON KENNEDY 0: Jamiah Newell’s four first-half TDs sparked the Panthers, who are ranked No. 6.
• ROSEMOUNT 24, EASTVIEW 0: Jackson Erdmann passed for 220 yards and three TDs to lead the No, 9-ranked Irish. Dimitri Williams caught two TD passes — one in each half — for the Irish, who led 7-0 at halftime.
• BLOOMINGTON JEFFERSON 12, APPLE VALLEY 6: The Jaguars, who had won just one of 27 games in the previous three seasons, improved to 2-0 with this victory over the Eagles. The Jaguars forced four Apple Valley turnovers in the first half and led 12-0 at halftime. Andrew Deziel passed for 158 yards and two TDs for the Jaguars.
• CRETIN-DERHAM HALL 56, HASTINGS 6: Blake Banham scored four TDs — all in a six-minute span in the first quarter — to lead the Raiders from St. Paul. Banham rushed for three TDs and caught a TD pass from Ricardo Johnson.
• DELASALLE 13, CHAMPLIN PARK 10: Chris Williams rushed for 135 yards and two TDs as the Islanders outlasted Champlin Park.
• EAGAN 20, BURNSVILLE 7: Eagan outscored the Blaze 17-0 in the second half to rally for the victory. Sam Zenner rushed for 109 yards and a TD and Josh Edelstein kicked two FGs for the Wildcats.
• FARMINGTON 21, NORTHFIELD 14: Linebacker Mason Auge returned an interception 65-yards for a TD to lift Farmington to the come-from-behind victory. Northfield led 14-0 after the first quarter.
• HILL-MURRAY 25, NORTH ST. PAUL 22: Dusty Krueger rushed for 220 yards and scored three TDs in the second half to help the Pioneers beat the Polars. Early in the fourth quarter Krueger scored on a 5-yard run to give the Pioneers a 16-8 lead. Less than four minutes later, he scored on a 21-yard run to extend the Pioneers lead to 24-8.
• HOLY ANGELS 53, NEW PRAGUE 13: Anthony Eckholm had 367 yards in total offense to lead the Stars to the victory. Eckholm passed for 225 yards and two TDs and rushed for 142 yards and two TDs.
• HUTCHINSON 36, GLENCOE-SILVER LAKE 7: After Glencoe-Silver Lake took an early 7-0 lead, Hutchinson, the defending Class 4A state champion, scored on five consecutive possessions for the victory. Robbie Grimsley scored three TDs and Tory Adams ran for two TDs for the Tigers.
• IRONDALE 20, SPRING LAKE PARK 7: Victor James rushed for 131 yards and a TD and Jared Brenny rushed for a TD and passed for a TD to lead the Knights past the Panthers. Brenny’s 6-yard TD run in the third quarter broke a 7-7 tie.
• MINNEAPOLIS NORTH 48, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTHWEST 24: Sophomore Tyler Johnson accounted for 384 yards and eight TDs to fuel the Polars’ victory. Johnson passed for 269 yards and five TDs and rushed for 115 yards and three TDs.
• ST. AGNES 37, WEST LUTHERAN 14: Joseph Ryan rushed for 197 yards — in just 13 carries — and a TD and Nick Turch caught two TD passes to lead the Aggies to the victory.
• ST. PAUL CENTRAL 39, COLUMBIA HEIGHTS 12: The Minutemen pulled away in the second half against the Hylanders for the nonconference victory. Felix Taylor Jr. threw two TD passes and rushed for a TD to lead the Minutemen, who led 14-6 at halftime.
• TARTAN 34, SIMLEY 21: Tim McCarthy threw two TD passes and rushed for a TD and Keenan Bellaphant rushed for two TDs to lead Tartan to the Classic Suburban victory.
• MINNEAPOLIS WASHBURN 38, MINNEAPOLIS EDISON 0: Jeff Jones rushed for 180 yards and three TDs and caught two touchdown passes to lead the Millers. D’Angelo Moore returned a fumble 40 yards for a TD to highlight the Millers’ defensive effort.
Tag(s): Star Tribune Hub Exclusive North South Classic Suburban Hill-Murray North St. Paul Simley Tartan West Lutheran Columbia Heights Lake Wayzata Minneapolis Edison Minneapolis North Minneapolis Southwest Minneapolis Washburn Farmington Holy Angels New Prague Northfield Irondale Spring Lake Park Champlin Park Apple Valley Bloomington Jefferson Bloomington Kennedy Burnsville Eagan Eastview Lakeville North Lakeville South Rosemount Southwest St. Paul Central Cretin-Derham Hall Hastings Park St. Agnes Blake DeLaSalle Hutchinson Glencoe-Silver Lake