||Extended Footer||Search Results||Team Finder|
• BENILDE-ST. MARGARET’S 47, ALBANY 8: Keaton Studsrud threw three touchdown passes and ran for a TD and Jack Goldstein threw two scoring passes to pace the Red Knights. Studsrud and Goldstein combined to complete 12 of 17 passes for 257 yards.
• ANNANDALE 41, WACONIA 26: Senior Andrew Russek rushed 36 times for 227 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Cardinals to the victory.
• BLAKE 35, BROOKLYN CENTER 14: Marcus Berg rushed for 168 yards and a touchdown and Oliver Cornelius-Knudsen scored two touchdowns for the visiting Bears.
• CHISAGO LAKES 40, BIG LAKE 7: Joseph Virga returned two interceptions for touchdowns and Josh Park rushed for two TDs, leading the Wildcats. Virga’s returns covered 72 and 90 yards.
• COLUMBIA HEIGHTS 50, MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 6: David Dixon accounted for five TDs and 256 yards in offense and D’Aireus Mock rushed for 148 yards to fuel the Hylanders’ victory. Dixon passed for 198 yards and four touchdowns. Jarrett Baptiste caught four passes for 120 yards and three TDs.
• MINNEAPOLIS HENRY 19, ST. PAUL JOHNSON 12: Henry Tinkler ran for a touchdown and passed for one, leading the Patriots to a nonconference victory. Tinkler’s 15-yard pass to Tony Yang in the third quarter broke a 12-12 tie. Shue Her returned an interception 36 yards for a Henry touchdown.
• NEW LONDON-SPICER 56, MOUND-WESTONKA 0: The Wildcats scored on their first eight possessions en route to victory. Ryan Vraa passed for two touchdowns and Adam Essler rushed for 117 yards and two TDs.
• SOUTH ST. PAUL 39, RICHFIELD 0: The Packers used a potent ground game and a stifling defense to run past the Spartans. Max Oelerking rushed for 115 yards and three TDs to lead the Packers, who gained 383 yards and scored six TDs on the ground. The Packers defense limited the Spartans to four first downs and 41 yards.
• The two winningest coaches in state prep football history opened their seasons on Friday with victories. Brainerd’s Ron Stolski, in his 52nd year of coaching, earned his 344th career victory in Brainerd’s 72-14 victory over Fergus Falls. Verndale’s Mike Mahlen, in his 45th year, earned his 337th career victory in Verndale’s 50-6 victory over Hancock.
Tag(s): Star Tribune Hub Exclusive History South Brainerd Fergus Falls Richfield South St. Paul Albany Columbia Heights Lake Minneapolis Henry Minneapolis South Big Lake Chisago Lakes Verndale Hancock St. Paul Johnson Park of Cottage Grove Brooklyn Center Blake Mound-Westonka Waconia Annandale New London-Spicer