Lakeville North, Rosemount to state
• SECTIONS 3/4 CROSSOVER: Gabe Ellers' 11-yard touchdown run proved to be enough as Rosemount defeated Stillwater 7-6 for a Class 6A state tournament berth on Friday. The Ponies kicked two field goals. ... It was the Newell and Creighton show as Lakeville North beat Roseville 42-0. Jamiah Newell ran for a pair of scores, while Zach Creighton ran for one and threw for two more. ... Nick Hart had two touchdowns, including a 70-yard reception, as Prior Lake defeated Woodbury 34-7. Blake Weber added a pair of touchdowns.
• SECTIONS 5/6 CROSSOVER: Jeff Borchardt was an absolute wrecking ball for Wayzata, carrying 19 times for 148 yards to go with three catches and 61 yards and six total touchdowns as the Trojans defeated Champlin Park 49-14.
• SECTION 6: Elk River used a steady attack, scoring once each quarter to defeat St. Michael-Albertville 24-10. Austin Larson scored a touchdown, completed a two-point conversion throw, and hit a 44-yard field goal.
• SECTION 7: A pair of long touchdown passes from James Hendricks to Jaylen Ingalls spurred a fourth-quarter comeback and propelled Bemidji to a 31-29 victory over Chisago Lakes. Brady Schmidt had two rushing touchdowns for Bemidji.
• SECTION 2: McKinley Anderson threw a touchdown pass and ran for another two -- all in the first half -- as Hutchinson defeated Glencoe-Silver Lake 28-7.
• SECTION 4: Dusty Krueger scored two tochdowns, including a 91-yard kickoff return, to help Hill-Murray overcome a 10-0 deficit to defeat South St. Paul 20-17.
• SECTION 5: Becker scored the first three touchdowns of the game, and weathered the storm late as Delano marched back to within a touchdown in a 21-13 Bulldogs victory. Tommie Benson threw three touchdown passes -- two to Brett Watercott -- in the victory.
• SECTION 7: Zack Ludwig accounted for the first three Princeton touchdowns and four overall (two pass, two run) as the Tigers defeated Hermantown 42-0. Cole Warren ran for two touchdowns to account for the rest of the scoring.
• SECTION 4: St. Croix Lutheran accelerated out of the gate in the second half, scoring 24 points in the third quarter to defeat Cannon Falls 61-21. Jeremy Sievert led a two-headed rushing attack for SCL, carrying 16 times for 223 yards and 3 touchdowns. Trever Koester carried 15 times for 143 yards and three touchdowns.
Tag(s): News Star Tribune Hub Exclusive Rushing News North South Austin Hill-Murray South St. Paul Princeton Cannon Falls Bemidji Lake Wayzata Becker Elk River St. Michael-Albertville Chisago Lakes Champlin Park Hermantown Lakeville North Prior Lake Rosemount Park Roseville Stillwater Woodbury St. Croix Lutheran Blake Benson Delano Glencoe-Silver Lake Hutchinson