||Extended Footer||Search Results||Team Finder|
• SECTION 4: Host Spring Lake Park stopped a late two-point conversion to beat Andover 27-26 on Saturday in the semifinals. Tyreese Jackson returned a muffed punt for a score to give the Panthers a lead with 1:47 left, but the Huskies responded with a touchdown pass from Connor Wilkie to Tyler Evans. Andover went for the win, but the two-point conversion fell incomplete. Spring Lake Park fell behind early in the game but erupted for a 15-point fourth quarter to remain undefeated. Tyler Evans had 102 yards and two scores for the Panthers. Andover passed for 288 yards as a team.
• SECTION 5: St. Thomas Academy got its offense going early and often against Simley and held on for a 29-7 victory. The Cadets started the scoring on a 43-yard pass from Keegan Zimprich to Carter Vanasek in the first quarter. Simley had a chance to even the score but fumbled on the 5-yard line. Mack Short got the Spartans on the board in the second quarter with a 2-yard scoring dive. Pat McFadden had two touchdowns for St. Thomas. ... Tartan hung with East Ridge for much of the first two quarters, but a score with just 46 seconds left in the half gave East Ridge a lead it never surrendered en route to a 36-22 win. The Titans evened the score at 15 after a 72-yard touchdown bomb from Timothy McCarthy to Jhalil Payne, but East Ridge piled on the points in the second half.
• SECTION 6: These two teams met 10 days ago, and St. Michael-Albertville's defense gave up four scores in a 24-10 loss. The Knights defense had answers all day Saturday for Monticello, beating the Magic 10-0. Quarterback Cole Krutzig found Dallas Freeman from 4 yards out to give St. Michael an early lead, and Justin McLain tacked on a field goal in the fourth quarter. The Knights defense held the Magic to a single first down in the first half and recorded three straight sacks in the final minutes to seal the win.
• SECTION 7: Bemidji spread the ball around offensively and kept the Bluejackets off the scoreboard in a 21-0 upset win over Cambridge-Isanti. James Hendricks, Tanner Boes and Brady Schmidt each scored for the Lumberjacks. ... Chisago Lakes had no trouble moving the chains against St. Francis, gaining 631 yards in total offense and sailing to a 49-7 victory. Three Wildcats backs tallied more than 100 yards, including Eric Brown, who ran for 166 yards and scored three times. Joshua Parks scored twice for Chisago Lakes, and John Santiago provided the lone Fighting Saints score.
• SECTION 4: South St. Paul piled on the offense early and often, rushing for 312 yards against team to beat New Life Academy 43-0. Bill Brandecker had 94 yards and three scores for the Packers, and Jake Hill added 104 yards and two touchdowns.
• SECTION 5: Delano's Toby Hanson found Christian Triplett for two scoring passes in the third quarter and scampered for a score of his own in a 26-13 upset win in Orono. The teams traded scores in the first half, but the Tigers piled on 19 points in the second half to seal the win. Orono's Ben Turnham threw a 20-yard score to Sam Challgren and ran in another score for the Trojans. ... Becker jumped out to a quick first-half lead behind a strong performance from quarterback Tommy Benson and held off Zimmerman for a 26-7 win. Benson had 193 yards and two scores through the air for the Bulldogs. Brett Watercott hauled in 87 yards and was Becker's leading receiver.
Tag(s): All Articles Star Tribune Hub Exclusive Rushing Defense South Simley South St. Paul St. Thomas Academy Tartan Zimmerman Bemidji Lake Becker Cambridge-Isanti Monticello St. Michael-Albertville Chisago Lakes Spring Lake Park St. Francis Andover East Ridge Park of Cottage Grove New Life Academy Benson Delano Orono