• SECTION 2: Joe Kneip returned a kickoff 93 yards for a score and Jake Klein made five extra points and a 33-yard field goal as New Prague defeated Waconia 38-19. For Waconia, Cody Clark passed for 310 yards and a pair of touchdowns, with his favorite target being Ryan Mattson (11 receptions, 209 yards, two touchdowns).
• SECTION 3: A fourth-quarter touchdown propelled Minneapolis Southwest past Bloomington Jefferson 20-16. The Lakers got rushing touchdowns from DeAnthony McKinley, Jimmy Roth and Darin Richardson. ... Parker Stennes threw three touchdown passes to D.J. Pollard and rushed for another as St. Louis Park defeated Bloomington Kennedy 42-29. Kashif Hayes chipped in with two touchdown runs.
• SECTION 4: Jackson Hull and Jordan Goodmanson each scored on short runs as Mahtomedi scored in the first and fourth quarters to beat Irondale 14-0.
• SECTION 5: Jake Short had TD runs of 8 and 11 yards as Simley beat Henry Sibley 20-14. ... Sixth-seeded Tartan defeated No. 3 seed Hastings 22-6 by scoring 15 points in the first quarter and holding on in a scoreless second half. All three scores for the Titans went for 45 yards or more, with Keenan Bellaphant carrying 17 times for 160 yards (9.4 average) and a touchdown. Teammate Eli McGeehan added the other early score, an 82-yard run as part of his 110 yards of work. Tartan moves onto the semifinals with a record of 3-6.
• SECTION 5: Austin Larson rushed for three touchdowns, kicked a 27-yard field goal and was 6-for-7 on extra points as Elk River defeated Willmar 51-28. Maclean Berglove and Denis Bardashevskiy each scored two TDs.
• SECTION 2: Dalton Asplin scored 41 points, scoring six touchdowns and kicking five extra points while rushing for 164 yards as Dassel-Cokato defeated New Ulm 53-8.
• SECTION 3: Ben Baker scored two touchdowns as Holy Family raced to a 31-0 lead on its way to a 31-13 victory over Richfield. The Fire also scored on two safeties and a pair of Jonathan Coppens field goals.
• SECTION 4: Senior safety Lee Yang returned two interceptions for touchdowns, leading St. Paul Harding past St. Paul Como Park 34-14. Yang opened the scoring with an 85-yard return and added a 62-yard return in the third quarter. He also had seven tackles and forced a fumble. Senior quarterback Antonio Wagener rushed for two touchdowns and threw for one for Harding. Wagener ran for 98 yards on 13 attempts, scoring on runs of 2 and 46 yards.
• SECTION 5: Delano defeated Mound-Westonka 14-7 as Jack Nelson and Adam Kraft each scored touchdowns. ... Zimmerman defeated Big Lake 47-21.
• SECTION 6: Robbinsdale Cooper turned on the jets in the fourth quarter, scoring 20 unanswered points to come from behind and defeat Park Center 38-21. Billy Kellogg rushed for three touchdowns and added a 102-yard interception return to help ice the game in the fourth quarter. ... Benilde-St. Margaret's blanked Fridley 40-0 as Keaton Studsrud ran for 157 yards and four touchdowns. Nick Rathke had 203 passing yards in the losing effort.
• SECTION 4: Fourth-seeded Minnehaha Academy scored first, and then rattled off the final three scores of the game in upending Columbia Heights 29-16. Erik Madryga passed for a pair of touchdowns, with the other two coming on Alec Chamberlain runs. ... Concordia Academy defeated Minneapolis Roosevelt 49-18 as Austin Moldenhauer and Baeza Tensaie combined for five touchdown runs, while Matt Cramer was 7-for-7 on extra points. Tensaie eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark for the season.
• SECTION 4: Akayla Porter rushed for 122 yards and a pair of touchdowns as fifth-seeded St. Agnes scored 21 points in the second quarter to upset St. Paul Harding 27-14. The Aggies will face Mayer Lutheran next. ... Joel and Phil Burfeind combined for four touchdowns (punt return, two interception returns, run) and Jeremiah Grimsley threw for a pair of long touchdowns as Mayer Lutheran defeated Brooklyn Center 51-21.
Tag(s): News Star Tribune Hub Exclusive Rushing Passing Special Teams News Austin Willmar Henry Sibley Mahtomedi Richfield Simley Tartan Zimmerman Lake Minneapolis Roosevelt Minneapolis Southwest Jordan Mayer Lutheran Big Lake Elk River New Prague Benilde-St. Margaret's Columbia Heights Fridley Irondale Robbinsdale Cooper St. Louis Park Park Center New Ulm Bloomington Jefferson Bloomington Kennedy Southwest St. Paul Como Park St. Paul Harding Hastings Park Brooklyn Center Concordia Academy St. Agnes Minnehaha Academy Dassel-Cokato Delano Mound-Westonka Waconia