• WAYZATA 31, HOPKINS 13: The Class 6A, No. 3 Trojans got back Friday night by toppling the Royals. Wayzata, which lost to Edina last week, raced out to a 31-0 lead. Nick Olmanson threw a pair of touchdowns in the first half for the Trojans, and Jeff Borchardt -- in his first game as a full-time running back -- ran 12 times for 123 yards and the other two Wayzata touchdowns. Clay Elmore was 4-for-4 on extra points, and he also kicked a 28-yard field goal to round out the scoring. Hopkins scored both its touchdowns in the fourth quarter.
• MINNEAPOLIS SOUTH 41, MINNEAPOLIS EDISON 20: The Tigers reeled off five touchdowns in a row after falling behind by six points en route to their first home victory under the lights in school history. The victory couldn't have come at a better time for a reeling Minneapolis South team that had been shut out in consecutive losses of at least 40 points. Brandon Strong had three touchdowns for South, which opened the scoring on an 80-yard run by Kaleb Pritchard.
• CAMBRIDGE-ISANTI 42, BIG LAKE 6: The Bluejackets offense began and ended with Chance Laidly, who carried 23 times for 219 yards -- an average of 9.5 yards per carry -- and four touchdowns. He also added a 5-yard touchdown reception in the first quarter, and all his production came in three quarters of action. Big Lake scored first on a 6-yard touchdown run.
• SHAKOPEE 24, CHANHASSEN 14: The Sabers used a balanced attack, scoring once in each quarter to topple the Storm. Nick Larson ran for 283 yards and a touchdown to propel Shakopee (3-4), while Alexi Johnson hit a 22-yard field goal and all three of his extra points. Chanhassen fell to 4-3.
• SPRING LAKE PARK 20, CHISAGO LAKES 13: Ejodamen Ejiya scored on a 6-yard, fourth-quarter touchdown run and the Panthers improved to 7-0 by beating the Wildcats. Chisago Lakes' Eric Brown had touchdown runs of 12 and 15 yards.
• WHITE BEAR LAKE 20, HASTINGS 7: The Bears did all of their damage in the first half, with Trey Anderson rushing for one touchdown and throwing another to Riley Mehok, along with a 45-yard interception return from Trevor Simanski. Hastings scored its lone touchdown in the fourth quarter, on a 1-yard run by Brandon McCarthy. White Bear Lake improved to 5-2. Hastings fell to to 3-4.
• ST. CROIX LUTHERAN 52, ST. ANTHONY 42: Both teams scored early and often, but in the end the Crusaders dropped the Huskies in a game that featured 13 scoring plays. Lincoln Hochmuth scored three touchdowns for St. Croix Lutheran, and Jeremy Sievert and Cody Sticha added a pair apiece. For St. Anthony, Billy Johnson scored three times, returning a kick for 90 yards and also catching touchdown passes of 22 and 56 yards.
Tag(s): All Articles Star Tribune Hub Exclusive History Rushing North South Lake Edina Hopkins Wayzata Minneapolis City Minneapolis Edison Minneapolis South Mississippi 8 Big Lake Cambridge-Isanti Missota Chanhassen Shakopee North Suburban Chisago Lakes Spring Lake Park Edison (Wis.) Suburban East Hastings Park White Bear Lake St. Croix Lutheran