Chosen by staff writer Jim Paulsen
1. Eden Prairie: 2011 Class 5A champion deserves the top spot out of respect.
2. Wayzata: The only real question mark is who will replace Nick Martin at QB.
3. Lakeville North: Most talented team in the South Suburban Conference.
4. Cretin-Derham Hall: A buzzsaw offense, but can the defense hold up its end?
5. Minnetonka: Skippers have a lot to prove in the Lake.
6. Champlin Park: If RB Michael Sales steps up, the Rebels can make a long run.
7. Mounds View: The defensive-minded Mustangs always are in the hunt.
8. Osseo: RB Bridge Tusler is the toughest inside runner in the metro.
9. Eastview: Huge size on both sides of the ball lead the Lightning back from a sub-par 2011.
10. DeLaSalle (Class 4A): The Islanders have at least four Division I-caliber players.
Tag(s): News Star Tribune Hub Exclusive Defense News North South Lake Eden Prairie Minnetonka Wayzata Champlin Park Osseo South Suburban Eastview Lakeville North Cretin-Derham Hall Mounds View Park DeLaSalle